Friday, June 3, 2011

My Homeschool Intentions



As my first-born son approaches the time when he will officially start homeschooling, I figure now is a good time to set clear intentions for this journey we have begun.

For both of my children, it is my intention to.....

  • nurture a lifelong love of learning.

  • help them create a definition of success for themselves
    - for both the present and future - and help them achieve it.

  • encourage them to reach their full potential
    and always try their best in everything they do.

  • ensure that they are surrounded with an abundance
    of resources and learning opportunities
    that will help them develop their mind, body, and spirit.

  • create an environment that is conducive
    to learning, peacefulness, and happiness.

  • become re-acquainted with my children
    and myself each day, releasing us all from
    the limitations and transgressions of the day before.

  • never sacrifice my relationship with my children
    at the expense of education.

I love you, my sons. ♥♥
I will try my best to be the teacher you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment